Mega Girl

The blog of Meg A Shanley

Saturday, October 28

Disneyland #1

Top 3.5 Things You Wouldn't Notice in Disneyland

1. Petrified Wood in New Orleans Square
2. Carriage Prints between New Orleans Square and Adventureland
3. Mickey Mouse Ears everywhere
3.5 The Ducks

Reggie and Billy and I played hooky on Friday so we could see the Halloween decorations at Disneyland. The Heffernans have season passes so they can get me in for free which is pretty sweet. Normal tickets are wicked expensive. The only time Lucie and I went was when she got half-price tickets from Ralphs for saving up Coke labels. And even that was not cheap.

Petrified Wood in New Orleans Square



According to the plaque, this tree was presented to the park by Walt Disney's wife. That's cool, I guess, but I want to know where SHE got it. People say that if you take even the smallest piece of wood from a petrified forest, you will have bad luck forever and this thing is huge! Of course, they also say Walt wanted his head frozen after his death so this was probably nothing.


Carriage Prints Between New Orleans Square and Adventureland


It took me a while to notice these - see the horsehoes and carriage trails in the cement? There are also boot prints, as if the cowboys were walking through the square, wearing down the concrete with their shoes.

Mickey Mouse ears everywhere

This small plaque was on the Aladdin entrance. If you look really closely, you can see Mickey's head. These sorts of details are everywhere. Reggie saw this and said, "I'm glad to see the seven bucks I paid for a hot dog are going somewhere worthwhile." She has no sense of romance or history; these details are what MAKE the park. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of kiddie rides.

The Ducks


These ducks are NOT animatronic.

Stay tuned for the next post where I show you my 3 1/2 favorite Disneyland rides.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home