Mega Girl

The blog of Meg A Shanley

Tuesday, January 23

If I Could Have A Superpower…



…it would be Teleportation. (I already have the power of Invisibility, apparently.)

I would love to have the ability to blink my eyes and find myself in a completely different location. I wouldn’t have to drive there or fly there or walk or bike or ride a skateboard. I would just imagine where I want to be and then, zap! I’d be there. I could watch the sun rise over the Grand Canyon, have breakfast on a Miami Beach veranda, and ride the London underground before lunch at a café on the Left Bank. Then I’d see a matinee in Manhattan, stroll a Brazilian beach with a coconutty drink as the sun sets, and dine on awesome pizza in Naples.

And if I could bring someone with me, how cool would that be? I wonder if I would have to hold that person’s hand or what.

Anyway, what made me think of this are all the books and TV shows and movies around that have people with special powers. Heroes, X-Men Un, Deux et Trois, the Spidermans, the Fantastic Fours, Sky High, Zoom and on and on. But what’s weird is that, whether they’re born with the talents or they develop them all of a sudden, no one is very happy when they get them. It seems to take them a while to accept them. Like they end up using the powers they didn’t think they wanted to save someone else or the planet.

If it were me, I would totally be psyched to have a power! Why would being able to fly or grow steel claws or move things with your mind suck in any way?

Reading people’s minds? Cool.

Super strength? Very cool.

Healing all parts of your body? Frickin’ amazing!

If anyone reads this (Reggie, this includes you, although I think I know what power you’d pick), I’d like to know what superpower you’d want to have and what you’d do with it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi my name is kristy i love ur mega girl but i need something like 1000 words but ur one is less than 200 if have something more please ive it i need it as a school's project last date is 30th april anyways please give it bye

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home