Mega Girl

The blog of Meg A Shanley

Sunday, October 29

Disneyland part deux

Top 3.5 Favorite Disneyland Rides

1. Peter Pan
2. Space Mountain
3. Haunted Mansion
3.5 Buzz Lightyear

Peter Pan


We tried to get on this ride 3 times on Friday and each time, the line was huge! We finally sucked it up and waited the 25 minutes. (They really should have a FastPass for this ride.) It's hard to understand why so many people want to get on this one because there are no special effects or splashing water or big drops. It's just a sweet journey through the Peter Pan story. My favorite part is when we sail over London among the twinkling stars. I wanted to go a second time at the end of the night after the fireworks but the line was humongous again and Reggie just wanted to go home.

Space Mountain


I know people say this isn't a roller coaster - it's a roller coaster-type ride - but it's way better than the ones where you hang upside down or go backwards. You really FLY on this thing; it's wicked fast. By the end my eyes were watering and my nose was running. Sorry, that was kind of a gross description. I don't think my sister would have liked this one.

Haunted Mansion


This is just the coolest ride ever. I LOVE the details on this and I love that it's the Nightmare Before Christmas which is a great movie by Tim Burton. Decorated for Halloween, it's really amazing. My favorite part is when your car overlooks the big dining room with ghosts dancing and flying around. And the top of the Christmas tree is a giant claw. Love it!

Buzz Lightyear


This ride gets honorable mention for Reggie who thought it was a lot of fun. Runners-up were Indiana Jones, Pirates of the Caribbean, and Splash Mountain (which we rode after it was dark and got soaking wet and cold so that was totally not going to be in my top 3). I thought Buzz was kind of a kiddie ride and it wasn't really like anything from the movie Toy Story, which I loved, but Reg liked it because it was kind of like being inside a videogame. Plus I completely lost to her - she was racking up the points and I could barely aim my laser at any of the targets. I think I got maybe 300 points while she got 30,000. I think she liked that.

The whole day was amazing and fun and so much better than going to class. Reg said it was a treat for getting through exams (she took them, I didn't). She and Billy told their parents in advance that they were going and their parents were totally fine with it. Lucie didn't even notice I was gone - she got home way after I did. I was going to get her a pair of mouse ears with her name on them but they were too expensive so I just bought her a Minnie Mouse antenna ball for her car. She liked it, I guess. I think she was a little jealous that we went.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home