Mega Girl

The blog of Meg A Shanley

Thursday, January 25

Mega Girl Makes Millions

Phase 1: Collect underpants.
Phase 2: {shrug}
Phase 3: Profits!

A hundred points if you get the reference.

Okay, I don’t want to collect anybody’s underpants and I’m not really sure how underpants will make anyone any money (“underpants” is a funny word, isn’t it?) but I think I am in phase 1.

Aaron has just hired me as his transcriber! For twenty bucks, I type up whatever happens at his shows, including all the things that the people in the audience say. For some reason, Aaron doesn’t really pay attention to what’s going on at his shows. I guess he just shows up and starts singing. I haven’t seen it so I don’t know but it sounds like maybe he tells a few jokes or stories in between the songs (“patter” it’s called) and he wants to know if the audience likes them. So I have to listen to the tape and type up all the reactions.

I’m not really sure why but as the saying goes, don’t look a gift horse in the mouth. And does that mean the horse is the gift or that the horse has a gift? And it would seem like you shouldn’t look him in the butt, since you don’t know if he’s gonna step on you or kick you but if you were looking at him in the mouth, what’s the worst that could happen? He bites you? Maybe. Aren't horses vegetarian? Maybe he just snorts all over you. That’s not that bad.

So this is my gift from Aaron. Thanks, dude! I can totally use the cash. I gotta make a list of all the things I’m gonna buy!

And I guess I should thank Lucie, too, since Aaron wouldn’t have known me without her and he might have given this easy cool job to someone else. So thanks, Luce. I owe ya.

Still don't get the joke? Hint: "Screw you guys. I'm goin' home."

1 Comments:

Blogger Meg said...

Um...underpants?

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home