Mega Girl

The blog of Meg A Shanley

Tuesday, January 30

May I Have Your Attention Please?




Did you get the email about the Valentine’s Day roses?

No?

Did you see the flyers in the locker rooms and above every water fountain in the school about the Valentine’s Day roses?

No?

Did you hear the announcement in homeroom about the Valentine’s Day roses?

No?

Are you living in a cave?

Every year on Valentine’s Day, students in RC get a chance to send red or white roses (red for love, white for friendship) to their buds, their boyfriends, their girlfriends, with little love notes like, “Be mine,” or “True love always,” or “You’re my best friend in the world.” Just two bucks a rose. Delivered directly to your special someone on Valentine’s Day - that’s February 14th, if you’re still in a cave - to their homeroom.

Or…you can send one anonymously to your secret crush. (Same price.)

I wonder why Reggie never told me about this momentous event.

Holy crap, I don’t know how I feel about this. I mean, I can think of a handful of friends I’d send white roses to: Reggie, for sure, and my friends Dena from French and Renea from English lit.

As for red…

There might be a person (or two, depending on the day) I could think of to send a red rose to. It could be fun, you know, if I sent one anonymously. And it would HAVE to be anonymously. I don’t even want to list initials here or mention the class he’s in (yes, it’s a he, no surprise there).

But, here’s the thing…I don’t think he even knows my name. I think he thinks it’s Melanie. Don’t ask me why. So even if I sent a note with my name on it, I might as well be anonymous.

I have to think about this. We have until February 6th to decide.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home