Mega Girl

The blog of Meg A Shanley

Thursday, August 16

End of Summer!

Top 3.5 Things I Have to Finish in Less Than Two Weeks

1. Summer reading list
2. My tan
3. See “Hairspray” for the fourth time
3.5 Empty my closet of gross clothes

OMG! Classes start in less than 2 weeks! I know I said I was going to not think about that for a while and here it is only 2 days later but --

OMG! Classes start in less than 2 weeks!

So that means I have to START my reading. There are five books on it that I have never even seen before. I thought I would get a lot more reading done in Santa Barbara but duh, there were wayyyy better things to do instead.

Then there’s my tan…I have to say, I was never one who was big into tanning (when you’re a blonde, it’s hard to tan anyway, I usually get burned without even trying) but it’s totally different when you’re at the beach. You can’t help but get tan and then once you start, well, you just want to keep going. I got past the red skin in a couple of days and now it looks pretty damn good with a pair of white shorts, okay?

Have you seen the movie “Hairspray” yet? It’s amazing and I LOVE the soundtrack! Reg burned it onto her iPod and that’s all I have been listening to. I have to get her to dump it onto a cassette so I can listen on Lucie’s Walkman. I have to somehow convince Lucie to see the movie with me. She said she saw the original movie and hated it but this one is totally different.

As for clothes…I am desperate for new outfits but Lucie has already hinted that I have to make do with what I have. I might try to go through my closet when she’s around so she can see that I need at least two new pairs of jeans and some tops. We don’t wear the same size pants but we can share tops so I might be able to start there. (Boy, I sound really manipulative, don’t I? Seriously, it’s not like that. Lucie just takes a lot of convincing, ya know?)

I’d like to put T on this list for #4 but I haven’t heard from him since I got back. I sent him a couple of postcards (nothing sweet, they were total jokes) and I thought I’d see him or get a call this week but nothing so far. I know it’s only been a couple of days. I know that. I just thought, well…you know.

Did I mention school starts in less than 2 weeks? Okay, leave me alone. I have work to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home