Mega Girl

The blog of Meg A Shanley

Tuesday, August 14

She's Baaaaack!

And tan and blond(er) and exhausted and wishing she was still in Santa Barbara, especially now that it's sooooooo hot! My god, did global warming suddenly hit RC? I don't know how Lucie was able to stand it while I was gone. We have two puny air conditioners - one in the bedroom and one in the kitchen - but it's nothing like central A/C.

Anyway - ANYWAY - who CARES about RC and central A/C and Washington, DC and any other C stuff?? I'm back from vacation and ready for anything! Reggie and I had a blast. We were at the beach everyday and she taught me to play volleyball which is way harder on sand than it looks. I soooo wish we had beach volleyball in gym class. I would be a total pro instead of the major klutz that I am now.

The best part was that we kinda met some guys when we were hanging out at this one place where everyone went. It wasn't like a bar, really, but you could get beer if you wanted it. It was like a smoothie place with karaoke at night only that makes it sound totally lame which it wasn't at all. It was like a health food sort of thing (Aaron totally would have loved it) and people sat on the patio and watched other people but it wasn't skeevy or anything. We all just...hung out, ya know?

Hard to explain.

Reg's two older brothers go there every summer so they introduced us to all their summer buddies and we met these guys who are going to UCSB this fall. One tried to tell me he was studying anatomy and would I like to help him and I'm sorry, but do I look like I'm THAT naive? I mean, okay, I'm not exactly experienced but come on...I'm sure I heard that line in some "American Pie" movie when I was like ten or something.

Still it was way more fun than just hanging around in an un-air-conditioned apartment with my sister or trying to escape the heat in a Wal-Mart, pretending to buy a 99 cent t-shirt.

I am NOT gonna think about school starting. Not yet. Right now, I'm just gonna enjoy my tan and shake out my blond(er) hair...

...and call up T. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home