Mega Girl

The blog of Meg A Shanley

Tuesday, July 10

That Hit the Spot

I caught Lucie yesterday.

She told me she was going to work at 9 like she always does. This was supposed to be her first day back after the vacation she took when we were painting. She was at the Target on Foothill in the baby section.

Now why was I in the baby section, you ask? Well, I had run into the store to pick up some shampoo and conditioner that was on sale (Thermasilk Revitalizing Shampoo and Detangler Conditioner which are normally like 8 bucks each but yesterday they were 2 for 9 which is a major savings) and I was cutting through the baby department. I never look there since there is absolutely no need but then I saw her red hair which she’s been wearing in a braid lately with little clips over the ears.

I stopped.

I knew it was her.

I watched her for about five minutes. She was standing in front of the cribs and just staring at them. She didn’t touch them or move to another area. It was only the cribs and she was only looking. I left without saying anything to her, like “Why aren’t you at work?” And, “What are you doing in the baby aisle?” Which I totally would have been justified in saying. But I didn’t. I went to the beauty section and got my shampoo (only the shampoo because they were out of the detangling stuff).

I am hoping to god she has to go to a baby shower or something.

1 Comments:

Blogger Little Willow said...

Welcome to the blogging world, Meg. ;-)

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home