Mega Girl

The blog of Meg A Shanley

Sunday, July 1

Big Pix Lure Hix From Stix

Top 3.5 Movies I Want to See This Summer

1. The Simpsons Movie
2. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix
3. The Simpsons Movie
3.5 Transformers

Reggie and T finally have something in common: they both want me to see Transformers with them. They better come see Homer and Marge on the big screen with me - twice!

Can you tell what movie I’m most looking forward to? I really don’t care much about those other blockbuster movies, like all the stupid sequels to the movies I didn’t like in the first and second places, and summer isn’t exactly for small, quiet artistic films where people sit around talking or die of sad diseases or sit around talking about people dying of sad diseases.

Now, don’t think I’m shallow. I do like those movies but not in a giant air-conditioned theater that I’ve just shelled out $12.50 for plus seven bucks for a soda and a box of Junior Mints. For that kind of money, I want serious entertainment. I want to see things fly or blow up or…

…hear Homer say “D’oh!” in THX surround sound. Yes! I mean, D’oh!

As for Harry Potter, I’ve already seen all the others and even though I stopped reading the books at Azkaban, I feel like I’ve invested a lot of time and energy getting to know and care about these characters so I really should see it all the way through. I have to know what happens to Harry. Don’t you? I should probably read the last book which comes out in a few weeks, huh? Do you think I need to go back and read the others first? I guess that could be a fun summer project. Maybe I can convince Lucie to let me go with Reggie’s family when they take their vacation in Santa Barbara and I can read them there. It’s not the books that are the problem, it’s the going away part.

D’oh!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home