Mega Girl

The blog of Meg A Shanley

Thursday, June 14

The Beat Goes On


That’s a Sonny and Cher song and if you don’t know who Sonny and Cher are, then you have to get yourself to iTunes and download some of their craziness.

Lucie has this really old tape which she plays on a really really old Walkman (which you’d think we could get rid of but it’s the only thing we have that plays cassettes and since we can’t afford to replace all of our music on cassettes with CD’s AND buy a CD player, we pretty much have to hang onto it plus Aaron records his shows on CD for me to transcribe so we have to keep it but man, is it a klunker).

Every once in a while she’ll get in a Sonny and Cher mood and she’ll put on the tape and bounce around the house and I can always tell which tape it is because she’ll sing Half-Breed at the top of her lungs which I find hilarious. I never can tell if she thinks she sings well (she does) because she’s always goofing around. One of these days maybe I’ll catch her when she’s not looking and see if she only goofs around when I’m there.

Look, I’m in a bad mood again. I don’t know why, I just am. I’m gonna grab Lucie’s Walkman and throw on Sonny and Cher and hope that puts me in a better mood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home