Mega Girl

The blog of Meg A Shanley

Thursday, May 31

Friends 'n' Stuff

The friend thing is important to me. Of course, writing “the friend thing” makes me sound like I DON’T care about friends. Let me start again…

I care about having friends. I really want to have friends. And I want to be good to my friends. It’s just that I have a hard time keeping them. We’ve been here in RC for 2 years which is so weird to me. Usually by now, I would be two towns past this and Reggie would have long forgotten about me and I would have moved on to other kids in other schools. So trying to be a good friend to her wouldn’t even be an issue.

I’m not trying to make excuses for myself! If I’m a bad friend, that’s my fault, not anyone else’s. I should make more of an effort to stay in touch, to write or call. But Lucie and I never have extra money for things like cell phones or internet access so…

No, I’m not blaming Lucie either. Well, maybe a little. I think she could be working harder to stay in the same job, to get promoted and earn more money so we can afford things other people have - just regular things too, not plasma screen televisions or Blackberrys. Or hell, just do a decent enough job so we can stay IN ONE PLACE and not move all over. She could try harder to show up at work on time on a regular basis and to not call in sick just because she has her period. She could stop talking on the phone when she’s on the job and surfing the web when she should be working.

But ultimately this has nothing to do with me and my friends. That’s my own deal.

So Reg, I apologize if I haven’t been a great friend lately. I promise to be better.

I promise to TRY to be better.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're still around, dude. Let's go look at cars this weekend! We can test drive the tC!

7:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home