Mega Girl

The blog of Meg A Shanley

Thursday, May 17

What's Wrong With America?



First of all: today is like, five people’s birthdays that I know. So Happy Happy to all of you and you know who you are! I’m not getting you any presents so enjoy the virtual congrats.

But more important: WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH AMERICA?

How could you send Melinda home? You’re keeping beatbox boy? Just because he’s cute? Who’s voting for this guy? It’s like Sanjaya all over again. I mean, seriously. The guy is NOT a singer. He has sort of a thin voice and sings every song the same way.

Melinda was THE best singer in the competition. Arguably the best Idol singer ever. And she’s number 3?? I can’t believe she didn’t even make it to the final two. And did you hear the crowd reaction? Some boos but a lot of very slow applause like people were thinking, “This can’t be happening. This must be another of the producer’s lame jokes and soon Ryan will call her back and say it was a mistake and everything can go on as it should have.”

But he didn’t. And Simon just covered his head with his hands.

The only good thing is you know she has a record deal waiting for her. She will be inundated with phone calls this morning and last night and she’ll be bigger than anyone coming out of this contest.

So now it has to be Jordin. She’s beautiful and talented and sweet and has SO much potential, much more potential than any of the previous idols, except maybe Kelly Clarkson.

Aside: I gotta give props to Kelly Clarkson. I never thought she was anything special but she’s come a long way from the corn-fed ingénue of season 1. I wish she wouldn’t distance herself so much from the show that gave her her start but oh well, I guess that’s what people do and I’m guessing it’s probably her agents and managers telling her that. She is probably surrounded by people who tell her what to do and if any of them thought she was ruining her career by dissing Idol, they would tell her that too.

I’m not watching next week. I refuse. “Lost” is on for 2 hours so I will watch that instead, even though I’m a little confused by what’s going on on that island.

Okay, one more time…did you people NOT see Melinda kick ass Tina-style? You must not have because otherwise you would not have made the crappy decision you did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home