Mega Girl

The blog of Meg A Shanley

Sunday, May 13

Alfred Hitchcock Presents...


Top 3.5 Interesting Facts About Alfred Hitchcock

1. Someone drinks brandy in every one of his films
2. He appeared in a scene in every one of his films
3. Staircases figured prominently in most of his films
3.5 He loved the number 7 and would include it (or numbers that added up to it) in his films

One of the funnest things to do with a Hitchcock movie is to watch for his cameo appearance. He usually walks through a crowd or is sitting on a train. He was a big fat bald guy and he always wore a suit.

Want to know another fun thing? NOT watching a Hitchcock movie when it’s on. And don’t be crude, T and I didn’t make out or anything like. This was at my house, after all, which is a teeny tiny apartment and Lucie did NOT go out. She hung out in the kitchen all night while T was here. Which was fine. I mean, it wasn’t like she was in the living room with us or anything and she did give us some space. And as long as I’m being completely honest, I felt safer having her there. Not that T would have done anything wrong but I mean, geez, I certainly don’t know what I’m doing!

What I discovered about T is that, away from school, he loves to talk. He talked constantly through the movies, telling me all about the actors and the camera work and the editing and how Hitchcock drew out every little thing before he started shooting. It was pretty amazing how much stuff he knows. T said he wants to go to film school in LA which I think is a great idea. He can meet all sorts of famous people there and he can learn all about movies and stuff. I was even thinking I might go to LA. Not for college or anything since we can’t afford it but maybe I could go there after graduation and get a job. I have no idea what I would do but there have to be loads of jobs in a city like that.

Anyway, that’s years away so I don’t really need to be worried yet.

And I did get a good night kiss when T’s brother came to pick him up. I won’t be gross and tell you all the gory details. It was sweet and gentle and not all grope-y. I mean, T kept his hands to himself (they were holding his movies) and sort of leaned in and our lips just…touched. It was very natural, I must say, like it was destined to happen. It wasn’t awkward at all.

That’s how you know a thing is right, right? When you’re not nervous. That’s what my friend Jen told me a long time ago. If you’re anxious and worried, then it’s not right and you shouldn’t do it. She is so awesome and smart so I would totally believe her on this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home