Mega Girl

The blog of Meg A Shanley

Thursday, May 24

Idol/Idle Talk

And the winner is…I don’t care actually. It’s Jordin, which was, you know, predictable and you know, whatever. I'm psyched for her and she's awesome and beautiful and very very talented and yes, I did watch on Tuesday night even though I said I wouldn't. So Jordin is the idol but Blake and everyone else with any bit of talent will get recording contracts. Of course they will! They’ll do the Idol tour with the top ten and then they will each go off and have careers of their own. Blake, if he doesn’t have a deal, now, will get one in seconds!

Part of me wants to see the tour…don’t you?

Lucie said it reminds her of Up With People. I never heard of that so I had to look it up. For you… Up With People.

And how stupid was I yesterday? No sunscreen? What an idiot! I kept my hair up in a ponytail since it was so stinkin’ hot but I didn’t put anything on - and no hat either - so the back of my neck and my ears are bright red! Ouch! What was I thinking?

We had way too much fun for it to be called class. Everyone split up and we took a section to study. Whatever was in your little 4 x 4 area was what you researched. T had his brother’s digital camera - totally nice of him to loan it to us - and I kept notes. But the best part was when we broke for lunch. We didn’t have to sit in a group, we could stay with our partners so me and T found a little shaded patch not far from our study area and we had a little picnic. It was kind of romantic. We had cold Cokes and I made peanut butter sandwiches and T brought Doritos and cookies. And we just talked about you know, everything. Movies and TV and some stuff he saw on YouTube that he wants to show me. He told me about his brother and how he ran away when he was T’s age because he wanted to join the army but thank god he was too young so they sent him back home. T said this was right at the beginning of the war in Iraq and his brother was all fired up to fight but now that he’s old enough to join, he’s changed his mind, also thank god because T would worry about him constantly if he was over there.

Stuff like that.

And then we finished up the lab and the teacher herded us onto the bus and gave us ice cold popsicles for the ride home. I put mine right on my neck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home