Mega Girl

The blog of Meg A Shanley

Tuesday, May 29

I’m Not That Kind of Girl

Have I been neglecting my friends? Have I? You can tell me. Reggie thinks I’ve been avoiding her, that I’ve been hanging around T too much - in the halls and at lunch and after school - and that he’s all I talk about and really, that’s not true at all. I would never ditch my friends for a guy. I’m not that kind of girl.

I can’t help it if I want to talk about him, though, can I? He’s my first real guy friend…not boyfriend, not really. We haven’t ever had a full-on makeout session and I would hardly call it dating since our dates are more like him saying, hey, want to get together Saturday and me saying, yeah, okay.

Maybe I haven’t been the best friend. I should probably hang out with Reg more. And I should probably ask her more about what she’s doing, about her classes. She told me her parents were going to buy her a brand new car this summer if she got good grades. I think that’s what happens when you’re the only girl in the family and all your brothers are kind of lame in the grades department. It doesn’t take much to look better than them. But good for her, getting a new car. Maybe she and I can go car shopping one of these days.

You want to do that, Reg? Just the two of us?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, it's not like I want you to stop talking about T. I just want you to notice how often you talk about him. I don't care. Really.

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home