Mega Girl

The blog of Meg A Shanley

Sunday, June 3

Ch-Ch-Changes

Top 3.5 Things I Wish I Could Change

1. Our apartment
2. My clothes
3. My lack of cell phone and computer
3.5 Lucie

It’s not that I don’t like our apartment but it’s only one bedroom. Technically we share the bedroom but Lucie falls asleep on the couch most of the time so I get the bedroom to myself which is fine for me but I feel bad for Luce. We have two small dressers, one for each of us, and two closets, only one of which is in the bedroom. The other is in the living room. We mostly shove our shoes under the bed, which means we pretty much wear the same pairs over and over again because it’s a pain in the butt to get under there and find them, especially at 8 in the morning when you have to run out the door.

And it’s not that I don’t have clothes to actually cover my body but they’re pretty old and not the most stylish. No one ever makes fun of me or anything - I’m not Ugly Betty or whatever - but it’s pretty evident that I don’t have disposable cash to spend on clothes. I try to stick to classics: plain skirts and jeans and t-shirts which go with everything so they last but when everyone gets dressed up on special days, like Valentine’s Day or the last day of school, I look like I found my clothes on the street. So I’d like new clothes.

As for the cell and computer, forget about it. It ain’t never gonna happen, not with Lucie’s current income. I would love to have a cell, even one of those pay as you go things but…do I have to say it again? No money. None. Zero.

Lucie gets honorable mention here just because sometimes I wish she was just my sister and we could just do sister stuff together. I wish she didn’t have to worry about providing for me and making sure I have a roof over my head and I wish I didn’t have to nag her about paying the bills and getting to work on time and filing taxes. Sometimes I wish our parents were still around and we could just goof off and be the Shanley girls.

That’s a lot to wish for. Maybe I’ll just get a new pair of jeans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home