Mega Girl

The blog of Meg A Shanley

Sunday, June 17

Cheer Up, Walkman-Style

Top 3.5 Songs to Listen to When You Can’t Get Rid of Your Bad Mood, Courtesy of Lucie’s Old Cassettes

1. White Wedding by Billy Idol
2. Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go by Wham
3. Straight Up by Paula Abdul
3.5 I Want a New Drug by Huey Lewis & the News

I could go on and on with the 80s music but these are some of the most-listened to tapes in my sister’s collection. She CLAIMS to be a big U2/REM/Nirvana fan but really, she loves pop music - old pop music. I don’t blame her. Seriously, I make no judgments when it comes to music but I just don’t want her passing herself off (like to Aaron, her crunchy hippie folk music boyfriend) as an FOK (Friend of Kurt) when in reality, she likes to dance around in her underwear, singing George Michael songs into a wooden spoon.

You know, I don’t even have to listen to these songs to feel better. I just have to imagine Lucie listening to these songs…

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home