Mega Girl

The blog of Meg A Shanley

Tuesday, August 28

Moving...

…again.

I should have known - no, I did know. I knew something was up back when we were painting the apartment and Lucie didn’t seem bothered about taking time off to do it. I knew before I went to Santa Barbara with Reggie but I didn’t want to think about it. I just wanted to have some fun this summer and thinking about Lucie and her problems, which I knew would become our problems, was not any fun at all.

Lucie lost her job.

Again.

She never was any good at computers and I guess her boss wanted her to do Excel and she told him she knew it but all this time she’s been faking it and getting her friend to help her. And then her friend went on vacation and Lucie had to do it by herself and she screwed it up.

So here we are.

Again.

She says we won’t have to move, that she will find a job in RC so we can stay in this apartment (which we just painted, remember?) and I can still go to school with Reg and T and everything but I’m not counting on it. I count on nothing anymore. You just can’t, you know?

You can hope for things but don’t hope too hard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home