Mega Girl

The blog of Meg A Shanley

Sunday, March 18

Spring Fling

Top 3.5 Great Things About Spring

1. Only 3 Months ‘Til School’s Out
2. Days are Getting Longer
3. Teachers Forget Homework
3.5 Spring Break

Lucie likes the flowers blooming in spring but I think that’s crap. We’re in SoCal, the flowers bloom all year round. She says the flowers are different, they smell different. Whatever. So long as she doesn’t bring them inside where they make me sneeze. Frankly, I think she’s just feeling lovey-dovey these days with Aaron. She’s been gone a lot, hanging out at his place or doing things in Hollywood. Thank god he doesn’t come here, that’s all I have to say. That would be just too weird to have him, you know, sleep over. So far, Lucie has been good about coming home every night - or morning. But at least she’s coming home.

Sets a good example for me, the younger, impressionable sister, you know?

So number 1 is obvious…just 12 more weeks until school is over for the year and I am no longer a freshman! Whoo-hoo! I am so tired of being the newbie in school. I can’t wait for the next class to walk around like deer caught in the headlights, wondering how they get their lockers open and if it’s cool to carry a messenger bag (it’s not…).

The days are definitely longer, now that we’re into DST (see previous post). I love that in the summer, the days are even longer. Lucie and I like to sit outside, sometimes she’ll drive the car to the park where the space is really wide open and you can see the mountains and we’ll have iced teas and just look up at the sky and the warm winds rush over us. That’s a pretty cool time of day.

So far only one teacher has forgotten homework but one is enough (and EB, you know who you are, and we love you for it!).

I am not going anywhere for Spring Break but my own backyard. Actually, we don’t have a backyard but we do have a courtyard where everyone keeps their barbecues. Lucie promised me we would go somewhere for spring break in my senior year, like Cancun or something, but I don’t know. I’d kind of like to go with my friends, you know? No offense to Lucie but I see her all the time and she’s almost twice my age. I mean, if it’s the choice of no trip or a trip with my sister, I’ll take my sister but…we’ll see. That’s three years away and we’ve already seen what can happen in 3 years. Maybe Lucie will be married to Aaron by then! How awesome would that be??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home