Mega Girl

The blog of Meg A Shanley

Sunday, March 11

An Hour Changes Everything

Top 3.5 Cool Facts About Daylight Saving Time

1. Hawaii and Arizona do not observe DST
2. Benjamin Franklin was the first to think of DST
3. During WWII, DST was optional, which confused the heck out of everyone
3.5 It’s Daylight Saving Time, not Savings Time

You all should have gotten up an hour later this morning because DST started at 2AM. Normally we do this in April but a couple of years ago, the President officially changed it starting this year so DST begins in March and ends in November, which is a week later than usual. I really have no idea why. The whole concept of DST really messes with my head. Just like time-travel: I think I understand it and then it whooshes right out of my head. But this website has some awesome info on it. I could do a whole research paper based on this one website.

But on to more pressing concerns: T asked me out!

Well, not formally, as in, “Meg Shanley, will you go out on a date with me?” But it happened like this…

And you’ll have to wait ‘til tomorrow because I have a TON of work to do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home