Mega Girl

The blog of Meg A Shanley

Sunday, February 18

Who Could It Be Now?

Top 3.5 Anonymous Rose Possibilities

1. B from French
2. R from Geometry
3. G from French
3.5 T from Earth Science

B is the top choice because he’s always picking me as his conversation partner in French. Although he isn’t very good and we rarely get past the “Vous avez une chemise blanche” stage, B seems most promising. He’s cute (I like the brown hair/brown eyes combo), not too tall (about three inches taller than me), and shaves every day. Thankfully he doesn’t douse himself in Polo cologne like some of our nasal-impaired classmates do. Plus he’s originally from Canada, which - while not exactly exotic - gives him an interesting accent.

R is second choice, although a close second. He’s very very smart and has plans to go to Cal Poly and be a mechanical engineer. I suppose it’s giving a lot away to say this sort of career path is culturally popular. He also has the brown/brown combo (another hint). And like me, people often call him by the wrong name. Okay, now you’ve got to know who it is. He has offered to tutor me at least three times this semester but I haven’t yet taken him up on it. I mean, I would definitely do it because I think he’s totally hot and I love smart guys but what if the offer is just to raise my GPA, not to raise my dating IQ?

It could be G, another Frenchie, because he has a habit of using the “tu” form with me when we practice together. Also, he’s always playing with his Blackberry and searching for wi-fi with his laptop. He would definitely be a blogger kind of guy and has no doubt Googled me - and every other girl in class.

I still hold out hope for T. In Science class on Thursday, I really thought he was going to ask me about the rose. He said, “Hey, Meg” (a good sign) and then “Did you have a good Valentine’s Day?” And I was like, “Um, my sister and I watched Idol.” And he said, “Yeah, that was a good one.” And I was like, “Didn’t you go out with Donna?” And he blushed and looked down at the ground and said, “Oh no, no. I don’t…I mean, I think I…” And then the bell rang and he went to his seat and I went to mine. But I swear the next words out of mouth were gonna be, “I really like you instead.”

I swear. I swear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home