Mega Girl

The blog of Meg A Shanley

Tuesday, February 20

A Thorny Issue

I wrote a letter to one of my really good friends about this whole anonymous red rose stuff. She’s older than me and knows a ton about guys. She has had some amazing boyfriends in her life plus she just knows so much. She also recently went through a divorce that was pretty public because her ex was cheating on her with someone else. And even though he claims the divorce didn’t have anything to do with this other woman, I think that’s crap. You don’t leave someone as amazing as my friend - and she’s gorgeous too - unless you’ve found someone else. Seriously, if you met her, which you most likely won’t because she doesn’t live around here plus she’s a really private person, you’d think she was amazing too.

She’s also wicked busy these days so I might not hear from her in a really long time. I wrote her a letter last month and she still hasn’t written back. But I know for sure she’s reading mine. I know it and when she does write back, I’m sure it will have some awesome advice in it and I’ll share whatever I can.

In the meantime, I will have to make do with Lucie. Possibly the only good thing about having an older sister who is, shall we say, popular with guys, is that she has had a lot of experience trying to figure them out. She’s already done the high school thing and she has a pretty good idea of what boys mean when they say and do things that might not make sense to us girls.

I asked her to weigh in on my dilemma but she’s also kind of busy (although not the kind of busy my friend is). Ironically, I think she’s busy trying to figure out Aaron, her boyfriend. He gave her flowers for Valentine’s but they weren’t all roses. They were lots of wildflowers and daisies and I think there was one pink rose in there. I thought they were beautiful but Lucie was depressed because they weren’t roses.

Aaron took her out to dinner to this French restaurant in LA which is supposed to be pretty famous, which to me shows how he really feels. Anyone can buy flowers that are gonna die in a few days but a good meal at a fancy restaurant that you have to make a reservation for weeks in advance? That takes planning. That’s love.

So she said she’d have to think about it and get back to me but in the meantime, she told me to keep my eye out for someone who deliberately avoids me. That was the clue, she said, that would give my anonymous sweetheart away.

Geez, don’t most guys do that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home