Mega Girl

The blog of Meg A Shanley

Tuesday, March 13

Okay, on to the story…

Reggie and I were at the Best Buy checking out plasmas (actually, she was checking out plasmas, I was looking at the 2.99 DVDs) when who should come up to me but T?

“Hey, Meg.”

“Hey, uh.” I’m so brilliant.

“Whatcha lookin’ for?”

I shrug. “Anything cheap.”

“You like horror?” He holds up “Texas Chainsaw Massacre: the Beginning.” It’s a whopping buck ninety-nine.

I frown. “Not really.” But I sort of say it like I could like it, if he were to say he really likes it.

“Some horror is pretty good.” He says it like sort of an apology. I can tell he really likes horror movies but is playing it down for my benefit.

“Yeah, sure,” I say, enthusiastically. “I liked, uh…” I try to think of some recent movies I liked. “The Ring was cool.”

“Oh yeah, The Ring. Very cool.”

“And, uh, The Descent?” That one made me way claustrophobic but it was pretty awesome.

“Definitely, definitely.” He looks like he’s trying to find something to say. “Did you see Saw?”

“See saw…” I laugh. “That’s funny. See-saw. See-saw.”

T laughs too. Whew! Then he says, “Did you like it?”

“Oh god, no, I didn’t see it. It’s kind of, um, revolting, you know? People being tortured?”

T nods. “Oh yeah, you said you didn’t like that sort of stuff.”

“I…when did I say that?”

“On your blog.” Then he stops, like he’s been caught.

“You read my blog?”

T shrugs. “Uh, yeah, sometimes.”

I can feel my face get hot and I know it’s totally red. All that stuff I wrote! About him! Does he know he’s T? Does he know about my rose? Does he know I wish he was my ARRG? Oh god, take me now…

And just when I’m looking for a hole to swallow me in the bargain DVD section of Best Buy, T’s friend D comes over and slaps him on the back. “Dude, let’s go.” D doesn’t even look at me. Whatever.

T pushes him off. “I’m coming. Go away.” Then he turns back to me and says, “It’s not really as bad as you think.” I must have a total blank look on my face because he says, “Saw? The movie?”

“Oh yeah, okay.”

“I have it on DVD if you want to see it sometime. Just let me know.”

“Oh, sure, maybe you can lend it to me.”

T smiles. “I can do that or you could come over and watch it. You know, if you want.”

“Uh, yeah. Okay.” And then so I don’t sound too anxious, I add, “Whatever.”

T leaves. And I have no idea what just happened. I think I got asked out. I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home