Mega Girl

The blog of Meg A Shanley

Sunday, March 25

Why is this entry late today?

Top 3.5 Reasons to Stay Up Late on Saturday Night

1. You’re at an amazing party
2. Someone good is hosting SNL
3. You rented a bunch of movies that have to be returned on Sunday
3.5 You’re on a date with a very cool guy named R

Let’s see…I’ll give you a hint. I was not invited to a party. I didn’t watch television. And I didn’t rent any movies.

Yes, that’s right, I was on a date with R. And I won’t gloat here about how awesome he is because that would be hugely tacky. However, I will say that I am not nearly as stupid in math as I think I am. In fact, that’s exactly what R said:

“You’re not nearly as stupid in Geometry as you think you are.”

Words to swoon by…

Whatever.

The lesson took two hours because we kept laughing and talking about other stuff like which shows he likes (Lost and Heroes) and which teachers we mutually dislike (SP and DM) and why his parents want him to be an engineer and why he hates that idea because he’d be a total cliché. It was…amazing.

Then we did get hungry but instead of a suggestion from either of us, it was just sort of mutually decided, like, hey, let’s go eat now, so there was no nervousness or anything. And then at dinner (steak fajitas for me, cheese burrito platter for him), we talked about movies we liked and actors we thought were pretty cool and he said he hadn’t seen “300” yet and maybe we could go and the next thing I knew, we were in line for the movies.

He was so cool and fun and there was so little anxiety that I can’t believe it was a real date.

But I think it was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home