Mega Girl

The blog of Meg A Shanley

Sunday, April 8

The Results of Playing Hooky

Top 3.5 Things I Learned From Tyra Banks

1. Wait until your mascara is dry before you wipe off the smudges with a Q-Tip
2. Lean forward when your picture is being taken so you will look thinner
3. 160 pounds on a former supermodel who’s 5’ 10” is normal
3.5 Guest stars should always look fatter and uglier than the show’s host


We’re feeling a little better today but I gotta say, we were totally wiped out on Friday. We barely made the cinnamon toast and coffee and basically just sat around all day, watching television and taking naps. I think I’d rather play hooky when I’m feeling well. A day off is wasted when you’re sick.

Aaron was going to come make us dinner but he got stuck in traffic and called us at 7:30 to say he had to go back so he could make his rehearsal. For once, Lucie didn’t get upset. I think she was just feeling really bad so it didn’t matter if he came or not. And why would he want to get sick too? But it was a nice offer. I think he was going to cook macaroni and cheese which sounds okay but we can make that from a box ourselves. Maybe I will do that tonight if I am feeling ambitious.

I really really had hoped I would have been watching “Saw” with T last night (or doing anything with T!) but I didn’t think it was fair to cough all over him. I talked to him on Wednesday about getting together this weekend and he was totally up for it and I was so psyched! It was a totally casual thing, too, the way it all came about. We were in science and talking about our final projects and I just sort of blurted out, “hey, I still haven’t seen that movie yet,” and he was like, “Saw? Well, come on over this weekend.”

Just like that.

And if you’re wondering why I don’t write more about T, it’s because he reads the blog sometimes and I don’t want him to think all I do is talk about him. But occasionally is okay. R doesn’t read it (too busy planning the rest of his life, I guess) so I can say here that he and I have another “tutoring” session after school on Monday. (Sweet!)

It probably won’t turn into a date thing but still, it’s at the Bucks on Foothill which is where everyone goes to hang out so people will totally see us together.


But I’m having a bit of a moral crisis…not the two boys, are you crazy? That’s awesome! No, I am actually doing much better in geometry these days. I got a B- on last week’s surprise quiz but I told R I got a D. So should I tell R that I don’t really need his help anymore? Or do I pretend I still suck so I can be alone with him? Such a dilemma.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home