Mega Girl

The blog of Meg A Shanley

Thursday, April 12

Earthquake....Lab

Well, was I right or was I right?

About Idol, I mean…Haley's gone and she was (not that I notice these things much) pretty hot. Phil is way more normal looking than her and notice that HE made it through another round. Mark my words: normal is the new hot.

It’s getting closer to another weekend and T hasn’t said anything about the movie. But - and this is a big but, kind of like my own (lol! Yes, I’m in a happy mood!) - he has been hanging around me a lot lately. We’re not talking about anything major, like, I don’t know, deep thoughts about life or whatever, but…okay, let me give you an example.

I got to school late Wednesday morning because Lucie was a total mess about her hair so I had to help her flat-iron it which takes FOREVER! She said she would give me a ride to school afterward if I helped but she completely lied, of course. Well, not completely. She said she would after she finished her makeup but I didn’t want to wait that long so I left.

Oh, did I mention she got a new job? A receptionist in some dental office. At least it’s in RC and we don’t have to move again. Whew.

Anyway, Reggie was already gone since I told her she didn’t have to pick me up because Luce was driving me so I hopped on a bus (ugh) and got to school about 45 minutes late. I ran to my locker and just as I am closing it, who comes waltzing up to me but T? I guess he was using the boys’ room or whatever, I don’t know, I didn’t ask. I was just so surprised to see him there. He smiles, like he’s happy to see me and says,

“Hey, you’re late.”

And I’m like, “Long story” and I sort of stop. Like do I run off to class or stay and talk to him?

“You gonna be in Science today?”

“Yeah, I guess so.”

“Cool. We have that lab.”

We’re doing an earthquake plotting exercise today. We got to vote on which lab project we wanted to do as a class (meteorology, geology, or astronomy) and nearly everyone picked the earthquake one.

“Yeah. That’s cool,” I say. Um, duh.

“You pick a partner yet?” he aks.

I shake my head.

“You want to be my partner?”

Um, duh. I think I smiled. I know I said yes. I’m sure I looked moronic.

“Cool,” he says. “See ya.”

This is definitely going somewhere, don’t you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home