Mega Girl

The blog of Meg A Shanley

Thursday, April 19

Sanjaya's Gone? Sniff Sniff...


I had not been planning to post about Idol because, well, honestly? I never thought this day would come. Sanjaya was voted off! I still can't believe I'm writing that. I mean, logically, he couldn't win it all - he shouldn't win it all - but yet...week after week, there he was.


First of all, the bottom three last night were completely wrong: LaKisha? Come on! And Blake? No chance! Chris R totally should have been there with Sanjaya. His argument with Simon that his nasally singing was deliberate was lame and annoying and simply to provoke an argument. No one was on his side after that and I don't think it was right for him to mention the Virginia Tech thing then either. That was inappropriate. That was a horrible horrible tragedy and he made it get lumped in with a discussion about bad singing.


Second of all, making Melinda choose which group she thought was the bottom three was tacky. Seriously, Idol producers, that was a stupid thing to do and of course, she wasn't gonna choose. We pretty much knew the group with Jordin wasn't going anywhere. She was amazing so anyone standing in her immediate vicinity was safe.


Third of all, I think Melinda should just be kicked off the show now and given a massive recording contract. She needs a makeover, yes, but she should stop with this Idol crap and go make records. And that would leave...


Fourth of all, Jordin should win. She's 17 which is a perfect age for a pop star. She's so pretty and cute and sweet and that voice! Wow! Plus I like that she isn't skinny like a Britney or a Lindsay or a Jessica. She's got curves and she looks like a real girl.


I think the contestants will be eliminated in the following order: Blake, Phil, LaKisha, Chris and then Melinda and Jordin.


Can there be a tie?


Sigh...I miss Sanjaya already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home